DOs & DON’Ts while using CNG as a Fuel
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) has been used as an alternative fuel source for transportation for quite some time. It has several advantages over traditional gasoline or diesel, including reduced emissions and lower fuel costs. However, with the rise of electric vehicles, many are questioning what are the positives and negatives of CNG. However, like any other fuel, CNG comes with its own set of DOs and DON’Ts.
The DOs and DON’Ts
While CNG is a clean and efficient fuel, it is important to follow certain DOs and DON’Ts to ensure your safety and the safety of others on the road
1. Always get your CNG kit installed by a certified professional. A poorly installed kit can lead to gas leakage, which can be hazardous.
2. Get your CNG kit serviced regularly. A well-maintained kit can ensure maximum fuel efficiency and safety.
3. Always use high-quality CNG cylinders. Low-quality cylinders can leak or rupture, leading to accidents.
4. Use only authorized CNG filling stations. Unauthorized filling stations may use low-quality gas or fill your tank to incorrect pressure levels, leading to safety hazards.
5. Drive carefully and maintain a safe distance from other vehicles. CNG vehicles have a slightly higher risk of catching fire in case of an accident, so it is important to take extra precautions.
1. Do not smoke or use a lighter near your CNG vehicle. CNG is highly flammable, and even a small spark can cause an explosion
2. Do not park your CNG vehicle in direct sunlight for prolonged periods. High temperatures can cause the gas inside the cylinder to expand, leading to safety hazards.
3. Do not use CNG cylinders that have exceeded their expiry date. CNG cylinders have a limited lifespan, and using expired cylinders can lead to accidents.
4. Do not modify your CNG kit without consulting a certified professional. Modifying the kit can lead to safety hazards and may void your warranty.
The use of CNG as a fuel is rapidly gaining popularity due to its many advantages over traditional fuels. However, it is important to follow the necessary precautions and take necessary safety measures to ensure maximum efficiency and safety while using CNG as fuel. By following the DOs and DON’Ts mentioned above, one can enjoy the benefits of CNG without compromising on safety. As the world moves towards cleaner and greener fuels, CNG is expected to play a significant role in the future of transportation.